[LAU] from 4 to 400 Hz

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 03:33:44 UTC 2011

I am preparing to give a talk on the wider ramifications of music.
One of the things I wish to demonstrate is that things that look different
are merely analogs but at different scales.

eg if something vibrates at 400Hz we hear a sound of A-flat. If it
'vibrates' at 4 Hz we hear a beat.
In the same analogy a 2 vs 3 poly-rhythm (should?) change to a do-so chord.
And so on.

Is there some kind of software where I can make a 4 Hz beat and pull a
slider or a freq text box entry until it sound like a A-flat note?