[LAU] GMorgan_0.40

Robert Vogel vogel at ct.metrocast.net
Mon Jul 18 15:39:20 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-07-12 at 18:58 +0200, Conrad Berhörster wrote:
> Hello Bob,
>
> Op den Dingsdag 12 Juli 2011 Klock 16:32:20 hett Robert Vogel schreven:
> >
> > What is the best way to incorporate them into the next tarball for
> > gmorgan ?
>
> there are two things to do.
> first get rid of the gmo files in the po dir. they should be get build by the
> makefile resp. the user itself.
> you can add this functionality into the makefile. if you call "make clean" ,
> this files should be deleted. than you can pack the whole files in the tar.
> pretty simple.

I did the "make clean", but when I get done there are still gmo files in
the po directory. I can certainly delete them before making a tarball,
but is there something wrong with my make file ?

> second. since the .ChordTable file is needed, you should put that into the
> /usr/share/gmorgan dir while install and use this from that directory instead
> of the users home dir.  and why it is named with a dot?

Files with a dot are hidden unless you explicitly want to see them. Since the
ChordTable is editable, it is possible that multiple users could have different ones.
You are right though that there should be a better way to install it.
I don't know what it is. I'm sure there is an answer.

> and a question:
> how do you have configured your output/synth ? i tried ot play a little bit
> with qsynth and jack, but i ws unlucky and couldn't hear any sound produced
> with gmorgan.

I use a midi keyboard with a UX16 midi to usb cable. You can hear the results
on youtube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uIRq6M1tCs

When you open a virtual keyboard, is qsynth sounding ok ? gmorgan only puts out midi messages, jack
can see it, so it should be possible to route the messages to any synth that is working.

Good luck

Bob