[LAU] GMorgan_0.40

Conrad Berhörster conrad.berhoerster at gmx.de
Mon Jul 18 19:29:57 UTC 2011

hello bob,

Op den Maandag 18 Juli 2011 Klock 17:39:20 hett Robert Vogel schreven:
> I did the "make clean", but when I get done there are still gmo files in
> the po directory. I can certainly delete them before making a tarball,
> but is there something wrong with my make file ?

you have to add the following command
rm -f *.gmo
into the following line in Makefile.in.in

mostlyclean:
        rm -f remove-potcdate.sed
        rm -f stamp-poT
        rm -f core core.* $(DOMAIN).po $(DOMAIN).1po $(DOMAIN).2po *.new.po
        rm -fr *.o
	rm -f *.gmo

> > second. since the .ChordTable file is needed, you should put that into
> > the /usr/share/gmorgan dir while install and use this from that
> > directory instead of the users home dir.  and why it is named with a
> > dot?
>
> Files with a dot are hidden unless you explicitly want to see them. Since
> the ChordTable is editable, it is possible that multiple users could have
> different ones. You are right though that there should be a better way to
> install it. I don't know what it is. I'm sure there is an answer.

yes . the solution can be, to look for the file in the user home dir. if it
isn't available, copy it from usr/share into the user home, while the init
process of the gmorgan.

> > and a question:
> > how do you have configured your output/synth ? i tried ot play a little
> > bit with qsynth and jack, but i ws unlucky and couldn't hear any sound
> > produced with gmorgan.
>
> I use a midi keyboard with a UX16 midi to usb cable. You can hear the
> results on youtube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uIRq6M1tCs

thanks for the link...

sizu c~