[LAU] Playing webM video files (with Mplayer?)

Philipp Überbacher hollunder at lavabit.com
Mon Jul 25 20:28:13 UTC 2011

I can confirm that it works with recent mplayer, although in my case tab
completion doesn't work for webm yet.

It seems like webm either becomes dominant on the web, maybe even
replacing flash to a large extent, or it will vanish. At least that's
what I think, there's a huge patent war going on between webm and h.264
supporters.

Excerpts from Robin Gareus's message of 2011-07-25 21:33:23 +0200: