[LAU] Linux friendly tablet [WAS: wireless midi controller with at least one fader]

Ronald Stewart ronaldjstewart at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 10:28:19 UTC 2011

Indamixx2 has a version of Meego with energy XT, Ardour, Renoise, Linuxdsp,
www.Indamixx.com
Thank you
Ron
Indamixx

On Wednesday, July 27, 2011, Atte André Jensen <atte at email.dk> wrote:
> On 07/23/2011 02:35 PM, Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas wrote:
>>
>> A possible solution for this problem may be to replace the
>> phone device by a Meego tablet like the wetab or exopc.
>
> This is getting a bit OT, bit hey the WeTab looks like a cool tablet.
Anyone had one in their hands? Wouls I be buying into yesteryears
technologies with a company that only did one product and died with it? In
other words; if I buy an WeTab today and WeTab GmbH goes out of business
tomorrow, what will my WeTab experience be in say three years, regarding
availability of software?

> The specs look quite a bit lower than the iPad (that I won't buy for sure,
because if its hostility towards linux), but maybe that's to be expected...