[LAU] [LAA] [ANN] release gxtuner-1.0

hermann brummer- at web.de
Wed Jul 27 12:49:53 UTC 2011

Am Mittwoch, den 27.07.2011, 11:58 +0000 schrieb Fons Adriaensen:
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 01:19:07PM +0200, hermann wrote:
>
> > well, zita-at1 is a nice app, but as a simple tuner it's a bit overhead.
>
> Beh, 60k for the binary ?
>
> > Not at least, thanks to your famous library zita-resampler, gxtuner
> > needs ~1% CPU to indicate the tune and freq.
>
> How are you using it ? The last time I looked there was thig
> giant FFT used to interpolate the peak - *that* can certainly
> be done much more efficiently using resampling. And even that
> would be overkill - fitting a curve to the peak would do the
> trick as well (and is what zita-at1 does).

May you would like to review the source again, I'm still learning and be
far from perfect, and usually I'm open for suggestions and hints how to
improve what I try to do.
I break the tuner out for a user request, for nothing more.

And, well we use a downsample rate of 16

const int DOWNSAMPLE = 16;

m_sampleRate = sampleRate / DOWNSAMPLE;
    resamp.setup(sampleRate, m_sampleRate, 1, 16);

for the overhead I didn't mean the mem usage or download size, like I
said, gxtuner use ~1% CPU witch isn't as bad I mean, zita-at1 needs the
double amount here.

kind regards
hermann