[LAU] [LAA] [ANN] release gxtuner-1.0

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Wed Jul 27 11:58:26 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 01:19:07PM +0200, hermann wrote:

> well, zita-at1 is a nice app, but as a simple tuner it's a bit overhead.

Beh, 60k for the binary ?

> Not at least, thanks to your famous library zita-resampler, gxtuner
> needs ~1% CPU to indicate the tune and freq.

How are you using it ? The last time I looked there was thig
giant FFT used to interpolate the peak - *that* can certainly
be done much more efficiently using resampling. And even that
would be overkill - fitting a curve to the peak would do the
trick as well (and is what zita-at1 does).

--
FA