[LAU] sox (or other): Microsoft PCM

Atte André Jensen atte at email.dk
Sun Jul 31 18:46:59 UTC 2011

Hi all

I have two files, file reports the following on them:

RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, mono 44100 Hz
RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, Microsoft PCM, 16 bit, mono 44100 Hz

How can I convert the first to something that has the "Microsoft PCM, 16
bit"-part in file's output? Sox always seems to output the former...

NB: It's for input into another program that is very picky with it's
file type, so far it seems that only files with "Microsoft PCM..." works.

--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk