[LAU] Some new* music

Ken Restivo ken at restivo.org
Wed Jun 1 00:09:01 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 12:25:02AM +0100, Q wrote:
> allcoms wrote:
>> Mr Q!
>>
>> How many prog points shall I award thee?
>>
>> Thanks for taking me well over my Mellotron RDA - the odd binge never
>> did us any harm did it? I posted Larks Tongues (the Arnaud Lane vid)
>> on my FB earlier, then I get this!
>>
>> Great stuff!
>>

> Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment -- glad you enjoyed it!
>
> I'm not aware of anyone ever dying from a surfeit of Tron, although it
> can't be long before the health police start calling for a Tron tax to
> stop people bingeing ;-)
>
> No doubt second-hand smoke from the ceremonial burning of recalcitrant
> Trons is dangerous too :D

Great stuff! I expected to hear John Wetton bleating over the top of it at any minute. No, seriously, it floated by on randomize, and I kept saying, "Wait, is this on Red? It can't be off of Lark's Tongue becuase there's no violin or percussion. Is it a bootleg?"

Excellent stuff. Solid playing and composition, festooned with a good deal of Frippery (sorry, couldn't resist).

And, as some wag shouted out from the audience during ProgFest 1993: "MORE MELLOTRON!"

-ken