[LAU] RME HDSPe AIO issue, perhaps related to the firmware and driver

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Jun 5 00:23:56 UTC 2011

Hi :)

how do I get audio for my RME HDSPe card working?
Jack already recognises the card and I already run
jack_midi_latency_test getting a good result.

I suspect that I need a special driver and firmware loader version.
I never used a RME card before.

alsa-firmware-loaders is version 1.0.23

Now I'll test other versions of alsa-firmware-loaders, but perhaps
somebody knows which version is ok, reps. maybe I miss something to
do ;).

$ uname -a
Linux debian 2.6.33.9-rt31 #1 SMP PREEMPT RT Thu Jun 2 12:42:46 CEST
2011 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# hdsploader
hdsploader - firmware loader for RME Hammerfall DSP cards
Looking for HDSP + Multiface or Digiface cards :
Card 0 : RME HDSPM MADI at 0xfdbf0000, irq 18
Card 1 : TerraTec EWX24/96 at 0xbf00, irq 20
Card 2 : TerraTec EWX24/96 at 0xbb00, irq 21

$ hdspconf

HDSPConf 1.4 - Copyright (C) 2003 Thomas Charbonnel <thomas at undata.org>
This program comes WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
HDSPConf is free software, see the file copying for details

Looking for HDSP cards :
Card 0 : RME HDSPM MADI at 0xfdbf0000, irq 18
Card 1 : TerraTec EWX24/96 at 0xbf00, irq 20
Card 2 : TerraTec EWX24/96 at 0xbb00, irq 21
No Hammerfall DSP card found.

$ hdspmixer

HDSPMixer 1.6 - Copyright (C) 2003 Thomas Charbonnel <thomas at undata.org>
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
HDSPMixer is free software, see the file COPYING for details

Looking for HDSP cards :
Card 0 : RME HDSPM MADI at 0xfdbf0000, irq 18
Card 1 : TerraTec EWX24/96 at 0xbf00, irq 20
Card 2 : TerraTec EWX24/96 at 0xbb00, irq 21
No Hammerfall DSP card found.

Cheers!

Ralf