[LAU] OT: RME HDSPe AIO (keyboard and mouse)

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Jun 6 13:41:20 UTC 2011

OT:

On Mon, 2011-06-06 at 08:09 -0500, Brent Busby wrote:
> Just my opinion, but to me, Keytronic makes the best keyboards.  They
> resemble the old no-nonsense IBM server keyboards, but without the
> obnoxious audible click.  (They still feel good though.)

*leap for joy*
What you describe is exactly what I need. And those keyboards looks
exactly as the one I'm using now.

I still have a second good keyboard, but with annoying click. A
Commodore without Windows key, perhaps an old Cherry like.

The kwd-205, the one I use, has a cheap clicker like keyboard, but it's
anyway good.

> > Is Linux dropping PS/2? But why does it work sometimes?
>
> Don't know why Linux wouldn't support a PS/2 mouse.  Then again, I've
> avoided them every since USB mice became available just for the simple
> reason that a USB mouse won't use an IRQ for itself, but a PS/2 mouse
> always will use IRQ12.  Most BIOS's these days will let you free IRQ12
> if you're not using the PS/2 mouse port, and that sounds good to me.

USB very often is sharing IRQs. Hm? If USB won't cause IRQ issues I only
need to find a flat, wired one.

I never had a typist's cramp! I never used a modern mouse or keyboard!