[LAU] PS: [OT] Kernel 2.6.39.1

Robin Gareus robin at linuxaudio.org
Wed Jun 8 01:29:19 UTC 2011

On 06/08/2011 02:58 AM, Paul Davis wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 7:57 PM, Devin Anderson <devin at charityfinders.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 3:38 PM, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I suggest that if you're up for reading a long article, you read all of this:
>>>
>>>   http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2011/04/25/110425fa_fact_bilger?currentPage=all
>>
>> That was a fantastic article.  Thank you for posting it.
>
> you're welcome. the day i read this i felt like i had died and gone to heaven.

How would you know what that feels like? :)
Have you read Eagleman's "Sum"?

> however, i should point out that i got the link to this from a web
> site that links to stuff of (almost) this quality every day:
>
>   Arts & Letters Daily
>        http://www.aldaily.com/
>
> its an absolute treasure-trove of links to well written, deep,
> intellectual articles and reviews. just enough flow keep to up with,
> to keep coming back to, but not so much as to feel overwhelmed.
>
> and now we're way, way off topic :)
>
> --p

Philosophy, aesthetics, literature, language, ideas, criticism,
..., trends, breakthrough, disputes, gossip (http://www.aldaily.com/)

do all fit a "[linux] kernel 2.6.39.1" thread!

Even more so in contrast with the original email (about libasound,
qjackctl,..) using this subject.

Thanks for sharing this site.
robin