[LAU] A3 video prev: syncing partially out of sync video and audio in existing files

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 20:45:51 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 1:44 PM, Philipp Überbacher wrote:

> I've seen the video and like it (and the music). I also read kdenlive
> rather often recently. I'm under the impression that a lot of recent
> development is focused on it, at least the MLT people seem to focus on
> this particular GUI.

Well, MLT is used by a number of video editors - Kdenlive, Openshot...
Whose fault is it that it's mostly Kdenlive developers who contribute?
Likewise frei0r is also mostly maintained by Kdenlive team, not the
other teams (OpenShot, PiTiVi etc.).

> But I really dislike DEs and find it a pity when very useful software
> gets integrated into a DE for little tangible benefit. I should really take
> the time sometime and see what benefits desktop integration brings
> and compare the work involved between a DE integrated and a
> version that uses just a toolkit (KDE vs. Qt for example). My guess
> at this time is that KDE integration offers a little bit of convenience
> and consistency for KDE users, nothing more.

If you critically re-read what you just wrote you'll see that it boils
down to "Well, I believe they are wrong, but in fact I know nothing
about it, so let me just stick to my beliefs until I find some time to
check if they are actually true". You didn't really mean that, did
you? :)

Kdenlive uses KPart which _is_ KDE technology. In fact all effects
descriptions are written in XML based KPart markup. I know that,
because I wrote a couple of dozens of those descriptions. The project
is also planning to move to KDE Git repo and be even better integrated
into KDE. I'm afraid you will have to live with that :)

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org