[LAU] Problem connecting to LinuxSampler

R. Mattes rm at mh-freiburg.de
Sun Jun 19 11:50:24 UTC 2011

On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 13:19:36 +0200 (CEST), Julien Claassen wrote
> Hermann!
>    No I couldn't ping localhost as root. I had a look at my
> /etc/hosts.* files, but they are empty and, at home - on the other
> system - that works just fine.

Wait, wat, wait! How did you try to telnet to SuperCollider if localhost
doesn't resolve? Looks like _this_ is the problem (and has nothing to
do with either udev nor pseudo-terminals at all).
What happens if you add

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost

to /etc/hosts and try again?

HTH RalfD

--
R. Mattes -