[LAU] Problem connecting to LinuxSampler

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Sun Jun 19 12:05:38 UTC 2011

Hello Ralf!
   The hosts file is OK. Here's what telnet outputs:
telnet 127.0.0.1 8888
Trying 127.0.0.1...
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection timed out
   And if I do this:
telnet localhost 8888
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connection failed: Connection timed out
Trying ::1...
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Network is unreachable
   So name resolution isn't the problem. It simply seems, that all connections
are blocked somewhere.
   Ping also shows the adress 127.0.0.1, but simply can't receive iany packets
from localhost. I also tried with 127.0.0.1 just to have done it all. :-( Same
difference though.
   Thanks and warm regards
             Julien

--------