[LAU] Text-based sound visualisation?

S. Massy lists at wolfdream.ca
Mon Jun 20 22:38:48 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 12:05:19AM +0200, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hello Massy!
>   Yes there are. There's ecasignalview and I believe even ecamonitor
> can do something of the sort.
Yes, although I prefer the way level is displayed in jack_meter, though
it only seems to do one channel at a time and doesn't give a summary of
average and max peaks the way ecasignalview does. Also, ecasignalview
seems broken right now. :(

>   Then of course there's songanalyse. I don't have the link, but I
> still have the original tarball. It's an offline utility. But it can
> try to fnd the speed and analyses different frequency bands of a
> song for volume. It's all hardcoded, but if you know something about
> c, you can find the analysis and set your own bands.
Sounds more or less like what I was looking for, except not rt. I tried
looking it up but didn't get much luck, so if you can send the link my
way, I would greatly appreciate it.

Best,
S.M.