[LAU] "Laid to rest is Pro Tools LE"...

Kim Cascone kim at anechoicmedia.com
Wed Mar 2 17:57:27 UTC 2011

> I don't really understand your criticism on those convoluted layers upon
> layers.

http://www.tuxradar.com/content/how-it-works-linux-audio-explained

read this to see how people outside this list view Linux audio

> As for tweaking conf
> files, at the moment there are very few files you might have to tweak,
> /etc/security/limits.d/audio.conf (or /etc/security/limits.conf) for the
> necessary permissions, maybe /etc/systcl.conf for some performance gain
> and /etc/fstab to add noatime to the necessary mounts.

yeah thanks, been there - done that -- sorry but that statement right
there is why most people working in music won't come anywhere near Linux
for production

> Imho I think you can add conservatism, sheer ignorance or simple denial
> that stuff can be done with Linux;)
I'd say that 'simple denial' exists on both sides of the issue ;)