[LAU] tapeutape kitbuilder updated

Peter Geirnaert peter.geirnaert at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 17:38:57 UTC 2011

Tapeutape is an easy sampler. It's just a bit much work to load all your
samples, if you have a lot of them.
So I made a little tool in Perl (version 6 of my first Perl program) to help
with that:

*dir2tap*

*Installation* is simple: copy the file
dir2tap<https://sites.google.com/site/experimentalfrush/installed-apps/tapeutape/dir2tap?attredirects=0>somewhere
in your PATH (type echo
$PATH in a terminal to find the suitable directories)

*Usage* is flexible: dir2tap with no argument makes a .tap file of the
current working directory.
dir2tap /path/to/dir makes a .tap file in /path/to/dir from that folder.

*Tip*: You can edit the preferences in your filebrowser, for inode/folder so
that rightclicking on a folder shows a menu entry to open that folder with
dir2tap. This way you can easily make Tapeutape presets from a folder.

*Features*:
Flac and Wav files are combined in one .tap file.
When the names of the files end in a format like a#3 or a2 or Bs1 or Bb2,
dir2tap will assign the right notenumbers automatically.
The name of the given directory is the name of the kit. The names of the
files are the names for the instruments.
When loading more than 128 files, the next channel is used for the next 128
instruments.

Have a nice day

Peter