[LAU] Laid to rest is Pro Tools LE"...

Andrew C countfuzzball at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 17:25:46 UTC 2011

Greetings Kim,

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 4:17 PM, Kim Cascone <kim at anechoicmedia.com> wrote:
> so you have to start the app from the command line if you want to use ALSA
> midi - which most of my setup is using or use the 'a2jmidid' bridge - either
> way - see my point about not being n00b friendly?

Command line isn't not n00b friendly, just merely a different way of
accessing applications and managing the system. Might sound stupidly
elitist and like 'the cancer that's killing linux audio', but you
can't expect to run and use a linux or any other unix based OS without
using the CLI once or twice IMHO. Whereas windows gives you the
ability to do everything with a mouse and a GUI, linux gives you the
choice of either using a GUI to run the app or launching it via a
terminal.

Andrew.