[LAU] Laid to rest is Pro Tools LE"...

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 17:36:15 UTC 2011

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 12:25 PM, Andrew C <countfuzzball at gmail.com> wrote:

> Command line isn't not n00b friendly, just merely a different way of
> accessing applications and managing the system. Might sound stupidly
> elitist and like 'the cancer that's killing linux audio', but you
> can't expect to run and use a linux or any other unix based OS without
> using the CLI once or twice IMHO. Whereas windows gives you the
> ability to do everything with a mouse and a GUI, linux gives you the
> choice of either using a GUI to run the app or launching it via a
> terminal.

OS X, a unix based OS, would tend to disagree with you.  And has done a
fairly successful job doing so at that.  The majority of the time that it is
easier to troubleshoot something on #ardour-osx by using the console output,
or using the terminal to enter a command, I have to tell users exactly how
to get to the terminal, many of them don't even know it exists.

         Seablade