[LAU] Linux Audio Monthly Round-Up #7 - February 2011

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Tue Mar 8 15:55:43 UTC 2011

Hello Cedric!
   I don't want to start another flame war, so please take this only as an
opinion and certainly not an offense.
   I suppose we might have a few people, who hold the copyright to their music.
By not having otherwise expressed a copyright yet, I'm one of them. But how do
I have "more space" to get an airing? What makes my way of distribution so
different? Granted, upto now, people should ask me, if they want to
redistribute my music. But otherwise, my way of getting open air, open ears
and listeners, is the same as all the CC-by-SA chaps. I don't take any money
for my music, well most of it. :-) I use open source tools and move within
this community, have done so for 10 years now and don't think of abstaining.
the only thing I wish is to have some control over my music. I like to follow
it, see that it doesn't get used for purposes, that I can't agree with. I
don't prohibit anyone from listening to it FOR FREE, showing it to friends,
playing it - god forbid - at a party :-)... You get my meaning.
   And now I have been writng too long. Sorry. :-) And yes of course I respect
Jeremy's restrictions, but I agree with Q in that I can't see much reason in
this restriction, with the possible exception of limiting sheer mass of input.
It would just be nice to see the point, if it is of an ideological nature, I'm
sure it would be of more value, it being explained, otherwise, how shall one
understand. Still, I respect it and won't flame him for it. But it's always
allowed to ask and understand, especially if you have the feeling, that
something - possibly worthwhile, beautiful or useful might escape you.
   Warmly yours
           Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net