[LAU] Can't use HPET by JACK2 under kxstudio (probably, it is ubuntu problem too).

Mike Cookson cook60020tmp at mail.ru
Wed Mar 9 16:52:00 UTC 2011

Thanks for reply. I tried again with generic, lowlatency and again - realtime kernels. It seems, problem for jack is caused by utility jack2-simple-config, shiped in kxstudio. There is forced restart function, which stupidly kills all daemons without any checks and preparation (though it warns, what will happen, proposing to wait :). It seems, when jackdbus is killed, hpet, probably, is not freed. Also when jack is started, 'lsof | grep hpet' gives two jackdbus-related items. And if i try to start yoshimi or patchage (using libjack, not dbus), they both try to use hpet... and fail :] . And also, runing jack (i used ladish, because ladiconf has clock source option), in gladish i noticed, that dsp load is equalk to some max... gladish showes dsp load in format <lower value> (<high value (usually - up to 100%)>) e.g., 1.5% (100%); with HPET clock first value was always same as second (growed from 75% up to 100%).

I added clocksource option to bootloader. Not sure yet, are there any changes (too hard to check for me).