[LAU] Audigy too

Batz batzman-lau at all-electric.com
Sat Mar 12 06:45:11 UTC 2011

Y-ellow Lady and Gentlemen.
         OK, it's been a long time in coming but I have an audigy 2. So
basically... How do you get it to actually work?

I've tried lots of distros and to be honest, all of them have problems. So
whilst one of them might actually be better than what I'm using, I have no
idea how to tell. Currently the only thing I found where most things
actually worked is TangoStudio. Though to be honest, I hate gnome. And
Ubuntu for that matter. But the networking works. Most of the audio works.
Although trying to install the linux sampler project failed miserably. And
to be honest, after 3 months of mind numbing research, I'm sick of it all.

That said. I've got this Audigy 2. Jack can see the synth's MIDI input but
apart from that, nothing else. There appears to be no control over any of
it's audio and no software to drive the synth. I did a search but that only
left me wondering if it's usability under linux was in fact a myth. So
before I go any further, I thought I'd poke my head in here and see what
the collective wisdom was.

I'm happy to install any other distro if there's one that comes with Audigy
stuff already installed but I don't want to go play distro roulette again
if I can possible help it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Be absolutely icebox.