[LAU] Cracks while using Audiophile 2496

Manu manu at mindslicer.com
Mon Mar 14 17:33:00 UTC 2011

Hi all,

2011/3/14 Cedric Roux <sed at free.fr>:
> ----- "Manu" <manu at mindslicer.com> wrote:
>> But I definitely hear high pitched crackle noises (e.g at the
>> beginning when the guitar starts playing).
>
> Okay, by pushing the level I can hear them too. You're not crazy. :-)

[...]
> I hear them as well, and they're quite visible in a sound editor (like ReZound) at 00:02.35 and 00:02.90 for instance.

I admit I was starting to think "did I really hear something ?"...
Thanks for confirming I'm not crazy !

> If you plan to just record your guitar with distortion
> no one will notice, not a big problem, especially if you're
> in a grindcore/noise band. :-)

More "Opeth-minded" I'd say. So crystal-clean sounds are equally as
important as heavily distorded guitars !

> Sorry, no idea of what's going on. Just make more tests before sending
> the card back IMHO... If it's not the card, another one will give you
> the same results.

I lost a few hours this afternoon to set up a Windows box.
\begin{troll}damn no-usb-install OS !! \end{troll}. I'll try the card
tomorrow.

Thanks for your feedback, I'll keep you posted.
Manu