[LAU] Alternative FluidSynth GUI?

Philipp Überbacher hollunder at lavabit.com
Sun Mar 20 08:36:21 UTC 2011

Excerpts from Dan Capp's message of 2011-03-20 01:39:33 +0100:
> Research tells me that QSynth seems to be the only currently
> available/usable GUI for FluidSynth, but I get big xruns whenever I try and
> use it. FluidSynth itself doesn't cause me problems (I know because I'm able
> to use the FluidSynth-DSSI plugin fine in Rosegarden etc). The problem is
> that I want to use FluidSynth with Ardour3, but Ardour3 doesn't support DSSI
> plugins yet. So the only solution I have is to find a standalone interface
> for FluidSynth and then to link up using Jack. I looked at the old GUI
> 'FluidGUI' but it seems to be so old that it won't properly install on
> recent versions of Ubuntu.
>
> So does anyone know of:
> 1) A GUI for FluidSynth other than QSynth and FluidGUI?... or
> 2) An application other than the above 2 which would allow me to load
> soundfonts?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> - Dan

Depending on what you need from a fluidsynth GUI the one that comes with
the calf plugins might be sufficient. Last time I checked it was rather
minimal.
Another alternative might be Linuxsampler which isn't a fluidsynth GUI
but afaik another engine + GUIs that supports sf2.