[LAU] Editing zynadsuxfx/yoshimi patches?

Lieven Moors lievenmoors at gmail.com
Mon May 2 01:55:13 UTC 2011

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 11:33:18PM +0200, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hello again Paul1
>   In which version of libLo did Namespace exploration appear? I
> tried it using oscsend and hexter, my liblo version is 0.26 and
> everything was built with that. Did they change the syntax? I used:
> oscsend localhost 11566 /dssi/hexter/hexter/chan00/
>   On the Hexter console I just get a warning from jack-dssi-host (or
> hexter itself):
> hexter channel 0> jack-dssi-host: got unhandled OSC message:
> path: </dssi/hexter/hexter/chan00/>
>
>   Sorry if I'm thick in the head here...
>   Kind regards
>            Juloien

I think oscsend doesn't listen for replies to queries.
In order to do that, it would have to set up it's
own OSC server.

The error you got could be because you send the query
to the wrong port. I noticed that the DSSI plugins setup
two UDP ports. One of them might be for jack-dssi-host
itself (I'm not sure about this). But I remember that
the other port didn't return this error, but no reply
either.

A good command to see the network ports:

lsof -Pni

and then you can grep on that...

greetings,

lieven