[LAU] sending program change from the commandline

Dominic Sacré dominic.sacre at gmx.de
Sun May 8 22:32:22 UTC 2011

On Sunday 08 May 2011 00:14:36 Renato wrote:
> > oh and on the mididings home page
> > http://das.nasophon.de/mididings/
> > there's a nice screenshot of livedings which seems to provide a GUI
> > thought to do exaclty what OP was asking for
>
> sorry I'm quite absent minded - this is not what Atte was
> asking for... still nice though :)

This makes me wonder why Atte explicitly asked for a command line
application.
mididings can easily do what he wants, and would certainly qualify as
(kind of) a command line application. It's just that scene changes can't
be triggered from the command line, which never seemed particularly
useful to me.
mididings can be controlled via MIDI, OSC or a GUI frontend, all of
which are much more convenient, especially when playing live.

Cheers,

Dominic