[LAU] acid techno test

robert lazarski robertlazarski at gmail.com
Mon May 16 21:14:14 UTC 2011

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 5:48 PM, James Morris <jwm.art.net at gmail.com> wrote:

> i always prefer the slightly weirder sounds, so of course that's
> something i've gone for with this track:
>
> http://jwm-art.net/audio/acid_techno_test1.mp3
>
> but turns out it's not so easy to make this style of music after all!

I liked the track, but it didn't sound very 'acid' to me. Not that I
know that style really well, but from what I've heard elsewhere its
pretty well defined by roland's analog TB303 and their clones, ie its
single VCO OSC, lot of resonance and a step sequencer. I didn't hear
that in the track, though to be honest I don't have a 303 or clones.