[LAU] Sharing of Ardour projects

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Thu May 26 09:03:30 UTC 2011

On 05/26/2011 10:26 AM, Roberto Suárez Soto wrote:

>      And if it doesn't, what could I use as a substitute? I figured I
> could export all the audio in FLAC, and I could share the Hydrogen file
> for the drums, but what about the effects, and the automation? I don't
> think the "Right Way" is to export audio with effects applied, because
> (IMHO) part of the fun is applying effects that weren't in the original
> mix. But I'm a complete newbie in this field, and I don't know if it's
> how people usually do it.

Well, what I did was to make sure there was no or little unused audio
left in the session, bounced parts with not-so-common effects, wavpacked
the audio files and put them along with the session folder in a tarball.

FLAC doesn't work with float-format, but wavpack does, so you have an
entirely losless option.

Here wavpacking turned 184.5 MB into 75.8:
http://www.archive.org/details/we_dont_want_you

 From the feedback I got I know at least some people have been able to
restore the session without problems.

Did the same again: