[LAU] AudioGIT and Ardour sources to DL [Re: Sharing of Ardour projects]

Aurelien tyranorl at free.fr
Sun May 29 17:49:29 UTC 2011

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 11:03:30AM +0200, Thorsten Wilms wrote :
> On 05/26/2011 10:26 AM, Roberto Suárez Soto wrote:
>
> >     And if it doesn't, what could I use as a substitute? I figured I
> >could export all the audio in FLAC, and I could share the Hydrogen file
> >for the drums, but what about the effects, and the automation? I don't
> >think the "Right Way" is to export audio with effects applied, because
> >(IMHO) part of the fun is applying effects that weren't in the original
> >mix. But I'm a complete newbie in this field, and I don't know if it's
> >how people usually do it.
>
> Well, what I did was to make sure there was no or little unused
> audio left in the session, bounced parts with not-so-common effects,
> wavpacked the audio files and put them along with the session folder
> in a tarball.
>
> FLAC doesn't work with float-format, but wavpack does, so you have
> an entirely losless option.
>
> Here wavpacking turned 184.5 MB into 75.8:
> http://www.archive.org/details/we_dont_want_you
>
> From the feedback I got I know at least some people have been able
> to restore the session without problems.
>
> Did the same again:
> http://www.archive.org/details/woxitron
> http://www.archive.org/details/countint
>

> --
> Thorsten Wilms
>
> thorwil's design for free software:
> http://thorwil.wordpress.com/

Hi!

First of all, just a reminder, every productions of the AMMD Freak Free
Arts Coo[r]p is available on archive.org in Ardour multitrack session
format. You also will find LSM (libre software meeting) 2010's shows
multitrack sessions as well[1].

[1] http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=ammd
http://www.archive.org/details/SRC-tgz_Sebkha-Chott-Niglah_Tapisseries_Fines_en_XXX_Strips_et_LXX_X_Trompettes-3_Factory_of_dreams
http://www.archive.org/details/SRC-tgz_Sebkha-Chott-Niglah_Tapisseries_Fines_en_XXX_Strips_et_LXX_X_Trompettes-5_History
http://www.archive.org/details/SRC-tgz_Sebkha-Chott-Niglah_Tapisseries_Fines_en_XXX_Strips_et_LXX_X_Trompettes-4_Phial_Shapes
http://www.archive.org/details/SRC-tgz_Sebkha-Chott-Niglah_Tapisseries_Fines_en_XXX_Strips_et_LXX_X_Trompettes-1_YourSoul
http://www.archive.org/details/SRC-tgz_Sebkha-Chott-Niglah_Tapisseries_Fines_en_XXX_Strips_et_LXX_X_Trompettes-6_Niglah
http://www.archive.org/details/SRC-tgz_Sebkha-Chott-Niglah_Tapisseries_Fines_en_XXX_Strips_et_LXX_X_Trompettes-2_Sabra
http://www.archive.org/details/RMLL2010_20100706_Lessazo_Sources
http://www.archive.org/details/Sebkha-chott-Niglah-Inch
http://www.archive.org/details/Sebkha-chott-Niglah-Inch_910
http://www.archive.org/details/RMLL2010_20100709_TroisPtitsPoints_Sources
http://www.archive.org/details/SebkhaChott_20100710_Live_RMLL2010_Bordeaux_Sources
http://www.archive.org/details/RMLL2010_20100706_EnfantsTerribles_Sources
(There might be some others, but archive.org search engine is a bit not
exhasutive)

Second, the AMMD is thinking about a new (as far as we know) of
net-album concept, which would include such things like sharing ardour
files (and making re-appropriation easy). We called that audioGIT, it's
really a debut project, by now, we're making proofs of concept, and are
trying to think the better way to achieve this. You can read more (in
French) about this here[2]. Any help appreciated, any contribution is
welcome, and so on, just write us (orl at ammd.net).

[2] https://github.com/orlammd/AudioGIT/wiki

--
Aurélien