[LAU] Switching the distro

Bernardo Barros bernardobarros2 at gmail.com
Sun May 29 16:06:28 UTC 2011

2011/5/29 Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net>:
> On Sun, 2011-05-29 at 13:04 +0200, rosea.grammostola wrote:
>> If you want to build a lot of stuff yourself, Arch Linux and Gentoo
>> crosses my mind.
>
> Arch Linux might be interesting, I need to read more or just will test
> it. Gentoo, hm? OOTB (is there an 'OOTB'?) without ALSA?
>
>        "nvidia-173xx and nvidia-96xx removed from [extra]

What nvidia card do you have?

Maybe extra/nvidia 270.41.19-1 (the updated one), nouveau or even
nouveau-git would be better for your video card.
If you really need a legacy nvidia driver, then you might have
problems with recent xorg versions. You can manually choose to use an
older version of xorg if you really need.