[LAU] Switching the distro

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon May 30 00:51:53 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-05-30 at 02:27 +0200, Robin Gareus wrote:
> OMG, PPPoE that's so 1980's :)

Correct! Im 44 years old and was 14 in 1980 :)! I'm a child of the
80ies. I prefer analog equipment, the DX7 in the old brown metal case,
CME microchiped analog synth etc. and when I get my RME card today, I'll
loop in my SPX90II and replace jconvolver. I also could loop in ex 2000
build reverb, but if the SPX90II still should work I favour this one. It
might be that I first have to replace the relays, didn't use it for a
long, long time. I would prefer a REV1, but I don't have one.

> Just to preempt problems - don't use the netinst; go for a full ISO
> http://www.debian.org/CD/and update it after installation.

I already used it ;).

> Well, actually the netinst image does work with PPPoE; details are
> outlined at http://wiki.debian.org/PPPoE (first google hit for "debian
> pppoe") YMMV.

On which language, using what Firefox Google customization plugins ;)?

Thank you,

Ralf