[LAU] Switching the distro

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Mon May 30 01:43:11 UTC 2011

On 05/30/2011 02:51 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-05-30 at 02:27 +0200, Robin Gareus wrote:
>> OMG, PPPoE that's so 1980's :)
>
> Correct! Im 44 years old and was 14 in 1980 :)! I'm a child of the
> 80ies. I prefer analog equipment, the DX7 in the old brown metal case,
> CME microchiped analog synth etc. and when I get my RME card today, I'll
> loop in my SPX90II and replace jconvolver. I also could loop in ex 2000
> build reverb, but if the SPX90II still should work I favour this one. It
> might be that I first have to replace the relays, didn't use it for a
> long, long time. I would prefer a REV1, but I don't have one.
>

>> Just to preempt problems - don't use the netinst; go for a full ISO
>> http://www.debian.org/CD/and update it after installation.
>
> I already used it ;).

right on.

>> Well, actually the netinst image does work with PPPoE; details are
>> outlined at http://wiki.debian.org/PPPoE (first google hit for "debian
>> pppoe") YMMV.
>
> On which language, using what Firefox Google customization plugins ;)?

none.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=debian+PPPoE

Alas, I have no experience with PPPoE since over 15 years. I cancled my
contract with the German Telecom when they were refusing to provide
details on their PPPoE login mechanism [for Linux] and never looked
back. In fact I was so upset that I set up a PPP provider
(http://www.urz.uni-heidelberg.de/Netzdienste/modemisdn/modem/linux/index.html)
before leaving the country :-)

good night,
Kulturflüchtling Robin