[LAU] browsing large sample collections

Renato rennabh at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 19:48:51 UTC 2011

On Sun, 6 Nov 2011 07:46:50 -1000
Joel Roth <joelz at pobox.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 06, 2011 at 11:28:57AM -0600, Brent Busby wrote:
> > This may have come up before in a recent thread, but are there any
> > apps that are good for doing file management across a large number
> > of samples in many subdirectories?  Something like GQview for audio
> > -- the ability to cursor or browse over a folder structure and
> > audition, rename, move/copy, and most importantly delete, all
> > through the program's UI would be nice.  All of this becomes really
> > essential as the size of the collection becomes large and
> > unmanageable.
> >
> > I think someone in the earlier thread on this mentioned Rezound, but
> > I don't think it has much in the way of integrated file management.
>
> Midnight Commander?

that works quite good for my small sample collection. I also have
associated .wav files with mhwaveedit, which is really nice for fast
operations (trimming, normalizing, fading). BTW to do that in mc you
should edit the extension file (Command->Edit extension file)

But samplecat looks definitely neater!

cheers,
renato