[LAU] Decoding a dts-wav.

S. Massy lists at wolfdream.ca
Thu Nov 17 18:28:30 UTC 2011

Hello,

Funny how topics will intersect sometimes (referring to the Dolby
thread). Poking around on my drive yesterday, I found some old files
someone must have given me claiming to be DTS, but with a wav extension.
File, sndinfo, and ffmpeg all claim the files to be 16bit 44100 stereo
files, but playing them only results in a burst of noise. Is there a way
to transcode these files so that they might become just plain stereo?
Looking around brings up ffmpeg as the way to do it, but, as I said
earlier, ffmpeg doesn't seem to recognise these files as DTS.

Thanks.

Cheers,
S.M.