[LAU] Decoding a dts-wav.

Julien Claassen julien at mail.upb.de
Thu Nov 17 18:33:30 UTC 2011

Hello Massy!
   I you know, how many channels there should be, there is a way. You can use
sox or ecasound or mplayer to convert your .wavs to headerless raw data and
then load them into ecasound or csound (which for this purpose is even
better). Tell the software, how many channels you expect and then mix them,
the way you want. I have a nice csound orchestra ready-made for decoding 5.1
to stereo using binaural spatialisation with an HRTF opcode. The results, that
I've heard, sound quite good to me.
   With ecasound you could do some cruder mixing, but still adequate, if you
don't expect too much.
   If you're interested in the csound orchestra and how to use it, just drop me
a line. It's easy.
   Warmly yours
            Julien

Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;