[LAU] Decoding/ripping dolby surround CDs

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Nov 19 14:38:45 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-11-19 at 15:27 +0100, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hello Ralf!
>    You really do get excited. But that CD certainly isn't a waste of material
> and space. It's wonderful music! :-)
>    Warm regards
>            Julien

Regarding to the German Wiki the recording technique for this CD should
sound wonderful too in stereo, since Dolby surround "is" backwards
compatible. But seemingly you aren't satisfied ;). I suspect it wouldn't
change when you play it encoded in Dolby surround. I might be mistaken.

Composition etc. might be good Opus, excepted of the recording
technique.

- Ralf

PS and OT: I still need to reply to PMs from one and the other, since
the switch from GNOME 2 to GNOME 3 wasn't workflow and usability
compatible, I spend and still have to spend much time in setting up
Xfce. Pardon!