[LAU] The pain of Firewire audio hardware

Louigi Verona louigi.verona at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 09:56:08 UTC 2011

I understand how you feel very well. Hardware on Linux is the most serious
problem. Up to 90% of issues I observe people have with GNU/Linux systems
are driver problems. Even with things like graphic pads.
I had the same unpleasant experience with an E-MU soundcard. I even wrote
to ALSA developer and got a pretty cold reply. And while this person does
not owe me any warm replies, it was still not very pleasant. I have written
an article concerning this and, I have to report, just yesterday I tried
E-MU on Linux again and it still is not usable.

http://www.louigiverona.ru/?page=projects&s=writings&t=linux&a=linux_emu0404usb

--
Louigi Verona
http://www.louigiverona.ru/