[LAU] New Experimental Track

Folderol folderol at ukfsn.org
Sun Nov 27 22:45:35 UTC 2011

On Sun, 27 Nov 2011 16:56:55 +0100
Robert Jonsson <spamatica at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Will,
>
> Interesting piece! I'm thinking Vangelis while listening.
> I was waiting for a long time for a beat to come and give a "heart beat".
> I'm sure I heard some rhythmic instruments there for a while (also
> Zyn?) but it wasn't on the level I would have liked :)
> A nice listen in any case!
>
> Regards,
> Robert

Thank you very much.

There is indeed a sort of soft drum sound in the second section. It starts just
before the 'Overdrive' lead.

All sounds, including the percussive ones were produced in a single instance of
Yoshimi (a Zyn. fork). I used Rosegarden to record, and play back MIDI
improvisations in real time. Then layered more improvisations on top.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk