[LAU] New Avantgarde Music - or just more Prog?

Julien Claassen julien at mail.upb.de
Sun Nov 20 22:31:37 UTC 2011

Hello everyone!
   I've just completed my latest piece and it has reached its intended
audience, so I'm ready to post it here. It's called Raw Magic:
http://juliencoder.de/nama/raw_magic.ogg
http://juliencoder.de/nama/raw_magic.mp3
   And you can find lyrics here:
http://juliencoder.de/nama/raw_magic.html
   Or of course visit the music page at:
http://juliencoder.de/nama/music.html
   This time I'd like to utter my heartfelt thanks to Joy Bausch, for guitars.
A nice job! I'd like to thank S. Massy, Gabbe Nord and the mysterious Mr.
Bennett for being my second pair (and third and fourth :-) - though not
necessarily in that order) of ears. Without you I'd still suffer from some of
my mixing difficulties. And I'd like to thank Silvia.
   The beginning of that song the first four notes or so came to me in a small
bar in Paris almost two months ago now. I thought of some more notes there,
but they didn't sound right. :-) The other main idea followed later that day,
after having attended a concert by Goran Bregovic. So this piece again
stretches the boundaries of my usual influences. You'll find some light asian
influence, the balkaniser, simple piano music, light jazz, metal, glam-rock,
synth-pop and a bit of the good old prog all bundled into this. And it's not
because I didn't know, whereelse to put them. It's actually a study of some
rather personal experiences, seeing them from very different angles. I hope I
succeeded. :-)
   I know, that my singing leaves somethig to be desired (better intonation for
a start :-) ), but I suspect, that it could have been worse.
   As ever any feedback is welcome and a beer to those, who find the fun and
games in the lyrics. :-)
   Kindest regards
           Julien

Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;