[LAU] New blog about Recording on Linux

Hartmut Noack zettberlin at linuxuse.de
Mon Oct 3 18:30:42 UTC 2011

Am 01.10.2011 11:04, schrieb Tony Austin:
> Is JavaScript so bad?  Why turn it off?

Java Script is great, it is, in itself, not bad at all but a useful
method to make a better website.

BUT: as it is powerful, it is abused on a regular basis. So to turn it
off on any new site never being visited before is indeed a good idea.

So for any website-distributor I recommend the following steps to make a
site rock in the users client:

1.) present your site in HTML5+CSS3 as cool as possible
2.) provide extra-benefit using UNOBSTRUSIVE JS
3.) Tell the users explicitly that there is more and better content if
JS ist turned on.

Your page fails at least to meet 1.) and 3.)

Try to find a way to tell visitors at least, that they need to allow JS
on the site. But this is second best: present plain HTML5+CSS and tell
the users that JS can give more is better...