[LAU] [ANN] Qtractor 0.5.1 - The Bravo Yankee return!

Artem Vakhitov temcat at mail.ru
Thu Oct 6 10:41:28 UTC 2011

On 06.10.2011 14:11, Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
>> Nice nice and useful too but then again.... what if I copy/paste a
>> drum-clip and want to add a crash-hit to it whithout having that crash
>> on every clip the copy has derived from? Is there some option such as
>> "right-klick/make new individual clip from copy"?
>
> you'll have to pick the clip in question, the one you wish to unlink or
> detach, and from the midi editor window (aka. piano-roll) you should
> save it with a brand new midi filename (ie. File/Save As...)
>
> maybe this could go as an "one-click" procedure, like you suggest, as a
> new clip context-menu entry: "Unlink" or "Detach" or whatever:). noted.

Do linked clips stand out visually somehow? I think it would make sense
to make the link easily discoverable - say with color, labeling etc.

Also, in addition to (or instead of) the Unlink/Detach option it would
be nice if the program just asked the user who attempts to change a
linked clip (or save a linked clip that has been changed) whether he/she
wants to change all the related clips or just this one.

Regards,
Artem Vakhitov