[LAU] hifi stereo supporting linux filesystem?

Federico Bruni fedelogy at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 09:38:45 UTC 2011

Hi all,

it's the first time I write in this mailing list and I hope I'm not OT.
I'm looking for a hifi stereo system with USB support. I mean: I want to
be able to plug an external USB hard disk, browse the folders and choose
the files I want to listen to.

I've found some products (by Cambridge Audio) that support all the
formats I use, i.e. Ogg and Flac.
But it seems that the only supported filesystem is FAT32.
I wonder if you know some product which support some more advanced
filesystem. Hopefully ext2/3/4, but even NTFS would be maybe better than
FAT32.

FAT32 is slow and doesn't support some characters in the file name. I
know I'll have some problems copying my huge collection of files in a
FAT32 filesystem.

Any hint is appreciated.
Thanks!

Federico