[LAU] Top DSP plugins?

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Tue Oct 18 11:21:31 UTC 2011

On 10/17/2011 11:42 PM, Kevin Thoma wrote:
> For Reverb, I have yet to find something I like more than FreeVerb. It works
> whether you need very little or lots of reverb.

Give Fons' zita-rev1 a go. It is not a plugin but a standalone jack-app
and I can no longer do without it. love it.

http://kokkinizita.linuxaudio.org/linuxaudio/zita-rev1-doc/quickguide.html
https://ccrma.stanford.edu/~jos/pasp/Zita_Rev1_Delay_Line_Filters.html

For everything else I tend to use jconvoler reverbs.

> I like the Calf Compressor but I'm sure there are better ones out there,
> haven't really dug into that.

/better/ is ambiguous. I like Steve Harris' SC4 and occasionally jamin
(note that there are some known problems with jamin - at least with the
IIR crossover type - search the LAD list around a year ago for details.)

> As for EQ, I use a standard multiband EQ, whose name I don't even know...
> Where exactly are the differences (sound-wise) between different EQs or what
> should you look for?
>
> Kevin

ciao,
robin