[LAU] Recommend inexpensive monitors and headphones

Artem Vakhitov temcat at mail.ru
Fri Oct 21 14:47:03 UTC 2011

On 21.10.2011 17:29, S C Rigler wrote:

> I also have a M-Audio Firewire Solo.  I don't know how much experience
> you've had with yours, but if you haven't updated the firmware on it
> then I would strongly advise against doing it.  If you have, then you
> already understand the pain.

Thank you for the helpful tip! I haven't updated the firmware and didn't
intend to since the card works OK for me (other than having no software
mixer in Linux). Now I now for sure that I shouldn't.

> For monitors I have a pair of M-Audio BX5a's.  When I'm recording and
> need some isolation I have a pair of Sennheiser HD 280 pro headphones
> and for double checking mixes I have a pair of Sennheiser HD 595 (open
> air) headphones. Of course this all costs more than $100, but I'd
> consider it all "budget" class and it doesn't suck.

Thanks! BX5a is one of the options I'm considering currently based on
the recommendations I've got so far.

Regards,
Artem Vakhitov