[LAU] Recommend inexpensive monitors and headphones

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Fri Oct 21 22:13:49 UTC 2011

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 03:37:19PM +0200, Jostein Chr. Andersen wrote:

> For monitors at that price level? Probably not much, except if you are lucky
> and get some used good ones.

Right.

> For headphones it's much easier. I recommend the closed AKG K271 MKII which is
> both inexpensive and used by many professionals.
>
> In my opinion: If a mix sounds good in them, then it will sounds good
> everywhere and you can easily spot details and problems with them.

In the same class and price range: Beyer DT100. Mine are 30 years
old now, they have been abused in all sorts of ways (including being
dropped 8 meters from a roof and spending a night in the snow), and
they still work great. Used them earlier this evening when recording
a concert.

Ciao,

--
FA