[LAU] New music, made with Ardour 3

Leigh Dyer lsd at wootangent.net
Sat Oct 22 07:57:27 UTC 2011

On 21/10/11 1:26 AM, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
> OMG!!! This is simply stunningly beautiful music!!! What a great track
> Leigh, Album Leaf eat your heart out ;) The intro is a bit deceptive but
> once the Rhodes kicks in I'm hooked. And those eerie voices, they blend
> perfectly with the glitchy drums, Blofeld sounds and the constant
> Monosynth bleeps. Gee, huge props for this piece of work! I have one big
> negative remark though: it's too short!

Wow, thanks Jeremy for the very kind words! I know what you mean about
the length -- I didn't want it to get repetitive, but in hindsight I
think I could have spread it out a bit more. I hadn't heard of Album
Leaf before, either, so I'll be sure to check out his work soon.

> The name of the track, is it related to the island of Texel
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texel)?

Yep, in a round-about way: I named it after Texel Facula, a bright
surface feature on Saturn's moon, Titan, which is named after the island
of Texel.

> Can't wait to get my hands on Cumulus, anxiously awaiting Computer Music
> #171, I see it just got out so I'll run off to the store after work to
> check if it has hit the shelves already.

It's a lot of fun! Let me know if you want a copy of the drum loop and
patch from my track -- I'm pretty sure I can export them somehow for upload.

Thanks
Leigh