[LAU] New music, made with Ardour 3

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Mon Oct 24 14:10:54 UTC 2011

On 10/22/2011 09:57 AM, Leigh Dyer wrote:
> On 21/10/11 1:26 AM, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
>> OMG!!! This is simply stunningly beautiful music!!! What a great track
>> Leigh, Album Leaf eat your heart out ;) The intro is a bit deceptive but
>> once the Rhodes kicks in I'm hooked. And those eerie voices, they blend
>> perfectly with the glitchy drums, Blofeld sounds and the constant
>> Monosynth bleeps. Gee, huge props for this piece of work! I have one big
>> negative remark though: it's too short!
>
> Wow, thanks Jeremy for the very kind words! I know what you mean about
> the length -- I didn't want it to get repetitive, but in hindsight I
> think I could have spread it out a bit more. I hadn't heard of Album
> Leaf before, either, so I'll be sure to check out his work soon.

Hi Leigh, <namedropping mode>In A Safe Place and Into The Blue Again are
my faves. Basically anything Jimmy LaValle has done is worth checking if
you're into that kind of music. I adore Tristeza too, one of the best
postrock bands ever</namedropping mode>.

>> The name of the track, is it related to the island of Texel
>> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texel)?
>
> Yep, in a round-about way: I named it after Texel Facula, a bright
> surface feature on Saturn's moon, Titan, which is named after the island
> of Texel.
>
>> Can't wait to get my hands on Cumulus, anxiously awaiting Computer Music
>> #171, I see it just got out so I'll run off to the store after work to
>> check if it has hit the shelves already.
>
> It's a lot of fun! Let me know if you want a copy of the drum loop and
> patch from my track -- I'm pretty sure I can export them somehow for
> upload.

Will do, as soon as I get my hands on a copy of the magazine. Wasn't in
last week so hopefully more joy this week.

> Thanks
> Leigh

Best,

Jeremy