[LAU] Linux/Musix/Debian on a UMPC

Ronald Stewart ronaldjstewart at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 14:50:14 UTC 2011

hi

Our samsung Q1 ultra works well and stable since 2.1... not much HW around
these days so we moved on to Indamixx2 which has ported nicely with RC3
thanks to Gabriel Beddingfield.

Indamixx2 on sale for $549.00
http://www.indamixx.com/shop-130.html

We do have customers who have hacked on their own mods of transmission 2.1
on the samsung q1 ultra and have come up with some nice results.

I have the viliv products here for years as they gave me one of each to test
on for Indamixx 2 back in 2009 but I passed until something had more CPU and
better quality build.  The Viliv had the Z Atom chip and the build waas
really flimsy... certainly not DJ duty or ready for a road gig :)

If I remember correctly Free had to hack Xorg and do some cool tweaks to get
the touch running correctly and not wonky.  It seems like wonky comes up a
lot in touch on the tablets but we are reporting good results on Indamixx2
albeit beta still and RC3 which I think is totally acceptable for a lil
audio droid that has a lot of features for music production.

Thank you

Ronald Stewart
Indamixx