[LAU] Linux/Musix/Debian on a UMPC

Carlos sanchiavedraz csanchezgs at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 15:56:08 UTC 2011

Hi, Ronald!

2011/9/13 Ronald Stewart <ronaldjstewart at gmail.com>

> hi
>
> Our samsung Q1 ultra works well and stable since 2.1... not much HW around
> these days so we moved on to Indamixx2 which has ported nicely with RC3
> thanks to Gabriel Beddingfield.
>
> Indamixx2 on sale for $549.00
> http://www.indamixx.com/shop-130.html

I wasn't up to date with Indamixx news and... what a surprise and nice cool
product that Transmission 5!
Is it an iPad/Galaxy tab alike tablet? Which one is it?
Really appealing. I take mental note of that for anyone I can give a piece
of advice.

Is just that being in the Musix team, well, I would like to make this work
:). Anyway, this Viliv just ended up in my hands, and now that I have it for
testing I would like to make something useful of it for portable music.

> We do have customers who have hacked on their own mods of transmission 2.1
> on the samsung q1 ultra and have come up with some nice results.
>
> I have the viliv products here for years as they gave me one of each to
> test on for Indamixx 2 back in 2009 but I passed until something had more
> CPU and better quality build.  The Viliv had the Z Atom chip and the build
> waas really flimsy... certainly not DJ duty or ready for a road gig :)

I didn't notice that this Viliv had a less CPU than Samsung, but I think is
robust, at least is quite heavy. Besides this hardware problems, I've been
able to use it as a looper, multiFX and recording tool at the same time.
Trying to be like a one-man-band doing drums with Hydrogen or with my hands,
bass with FX or the guitar itself, jamming along and things like that.

> If I remember correctly Free had to hack Xorg and do some cool tweaks to
> get the touch running correctly and not wonky.  It seems like wonky comes up
> a lot in touch on the tablets but we are reporting good results on Indamixx2
> albeit beta still and RC3 which I think is totally acceptable for a lil
> audio droid that has a lot of features for music production.

Would love any contact or extended information that can guide me just a
little. Been trying many things and also googling for more but no luck.

> Thank you
>
> Ronald Stewart
> Indamixx

Thanks to you, Ronald, and good luck with the new Indamixx adventure.

> On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 7:31 AM, Carlos sanchiavedraz <
> csanchezgs at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Ah, thanks for the news and the link. I like Musix, even though the last
>>> one that worked on my musicbox was a beta of Musix 2. The production version
>>> of 2 somehow lost the ability to work with the boring old Intel video
>>> hardware that the beta knew how to work with.
>>>
>>> Anyway, I look forward to testing Musix 3!
>>>

>>> --
>>> David
>>> gnome at hawaii.rr.com
>>> authenticity, honesty, community
>>>

>> We'd love you (anyone, of course) to make some tests and we're open to new
>> ideas.
>> Feel free to suscribe to any of our lists; there's an english version:
>> * musix-users at lists.ourproject.org
>>

>> Regards.
>>
>> --
>> Carlos sanchiavedraz